Orthopaedic Nurses Week
October 25 - October 30, 2021
October 30th is International Orthopaedic Nurses Day, but why celebrate just one day? Join us from October 25-30 as we celebrate Orthopaedic Nurses Week 2021!
Every year, we are thrilled to see all of the different ways NAON members share their passion for orthopaedics and showcase the ways you make an impact on a daily basis. As you mark your calendars and start planning your celebrations, below are some great ideas to get you started.
Day-To-Day Engagement Calendar
From trivia and 50% discounts on NAON products, to social media celebrations and more – we have a ton of fun activities to make the most of this year's Orthopaedic Nurses Week!
- Monday, October 25 – Reflect on what being an orthopaedic nurse means to you.
- Create a word cloud of 20 words that reflects your perspective on being an orthopaedic nurse and post your word cloud on social along with the hashtags #OrthoNursesWeek2021 and #IAmAnOrthoNurse. Click here for an online tool to create your word cloud today.
- Print and write why you are an ortho nurse on NAON's #IAmAnOrthoNurse sign. Please click here to download NAON's #IAmAnOrthoNurse sign.
- Tuesday, October 26 – Attend NAON's Orthopaedic Nurses Week webinar, "Celebrating the Calling of a Profession and a Specialty," at 3:00 p.m. CT. Learn more and register to attend.
- Wednesday, October 27 – Share your celebrations on social media! Create a short video about why you loving being an orthopaedic nurse and share it on social media or snap a photo with some of your favorite orthopaedic nurses and your teams.
- Thursday, October 28 – NAON and nursing trivia day! Test your knowledge of NAON and nursing history. Let us know how well you did by using #OrthoNursesWeek2021 and #NAONTrivia.
- Friday, October 29 – Say thanks as we celebrate International Orthopaedic Nurses Day. A personalized thank-you note is always appreciated. Ask your administration and other key stakeholders to show their thanks, too, by signing your note or writing one of their own.
- Saturday, October 30 – International Orthopaedic Nurses Day!
NAON Orthopaedic Nurses Week Daily Flash Sales!
Each day during Orthopaedic Nurses Week, NAON will have a flash sale, on a specific product. See product sales for each day below.
- Monday, October 25 - Saturday, October 30: All week long, enjoy a limited time membership offer! Now through Saturday, October 30, join or renew NAON membership for just $99 with code BONES.
Then, starting Tuesday, take advantage of our daily flash sales with code ONW2021 at check out.
- Tuesday, October 26: BPG Spinal Fusion (50% off)
- Wednesday, October 27: Orthopaedic Knowledge Self Assessment (50% off)
- Thursday, October 28: ONP-C Knowledge Self Assessment (50% off)
- Friday, October 29: 2021 Recorded Webinar of Choice - Free webinar purchase for one day only. Webinars will be available for viewing in the learner account. Offer does not include the NAON 40th Anniversary webinars.
- Saturday, October 30: Online Orthopaedic Nursing Review Course (50% off)
Celebrate and Honor Our Orthopaedic Nurses Week Honorees
Over the last few weeks NAON asked members to nominate and submit a photo of a nurse that inspires them for a chance to be featured during Orthopaedic Nurses Week. We were overwhelmed with joy to see so many nominations come through!
Other Ways to Celebrate
Spread the Word
Let others know that Orthopaedic Nurses Week is approaching and that you plan to celebrate. Below are some fun ways you can start to spread the word to your organization and fellow orthopaedic nurses:
- Take advantage of resources like thank you notes and email signatures to ensure everyone knows we are celebrating you!
- Create a word cloud of 20 words that reflects your perspective on being an orthopaedic nurse and post it on social media along with the hashtags #OrthoNursesWeek2021 and #IAmAnOrthoNurse. Click here for an online tool to create your word cloud today.
- The word cloud would also make a great graphic to include on a flyer. Create a promotional flyer to post around your workplace to get your colleagues or organization ready to celebrate with you.
Get Involved on Social Media
Social media is a great way to tell your story and celebrate with your colleagues! Here are some ways you can celebrate with your social networks:
- Download the Facebook and Twitter graphics to use when posting about Orthopaedic Nurses Week.
- Share a video about why you loving being an orthopaedic nurse on social media or snap a photo with some of your favorite orthopaedic nurses and your teams.
- Print and write your ortho nurse story on NAON's #IAmAnOrthoNurse sign and share on social media with the hashtag #IAmAnOrthoNurse.
- When posting any of your celebrations on social media, don't forget to tag NAON and use the hashtags #OrthoNursesWeek2021 and #IAmAnOrthoNurse for a chance to be featured on our social media feeds!
Be a Leader in Your Facility
Orthopaedic nurses are integral to the entire healthcare team. Do people in your hospital or facility know the important role that you and your team play? Invite them to celebrate and recognize you and your team during Orthopaedic Nurses Week.
- Give out awards or an appreciation gift: Print certificates of appreciation to present to each of your staff members or surprise them with a small gift!
- Virtually recognize your team: Send an internal email or post a nice message on an internal employee engagement platform recognizing your facility's hardworking ortho nurses.