NAON's Online Orthopaedic Nursing Review Course has been revised in 2019! The new version includes new graphics, interactivity, and questions and answers. Also included is the course syllabus with additional supplemental material to enhance your learning experience. Use this course to obtain all the same information as the live Orthopaedic Nursing Review Course, but at your own pace. Earn 7.5 category A contact hours by reviewing the entire course and completing the online evaluation.
2019 Online Orthopaedic Nursing Review Course Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the signs and symptoms, surgical and non-surgical interventions, and nursing plans of care for individuals with degenerative joint disease.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Total knee arthroplasty
- Total hip arthroplasty
- Total hip dislocation
- Total shoulder replacement
- Adult spine disorders
- Spinal Procedures
- Identify nursing plans of care for the orthopaedic patients in the Operating Room during the pre-, intra-, and postoperative periods.
- The perioperative nursing team
- Pre-op phase
- Potential complications
- Create appropriate nursing plans of care (surgical and non-surgical) for patients with musculoskeletal tumors.
- Giant cell tumors
- Osteoid osteoma
- Treatments: chemotherapy, radiation, surgery
- Compare treatment options and nursing management of metabolic bone disorders.
- Bone cells and remodeling
- Hormones and bone metabolism
- Paget’s Disease
- Differentiate the clinical signs and symptoms and nursing plans of care for patients with selected inflammatory disease processes.
- Lyme Disease
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Systemic Sclerosis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Develop therapeutic nursing interventions for children with pediatric, congenital and neuromuscular disorders
- Foot disorders
- Lower limb disorders
- Congenital conditions
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Describe common traumatic injuries and nursing plans of care for such patients.
- Mechanism of injury
- Initial assessment
- Trauma prevention
- Determine preventative measures for common sports injuries.
- Soft tissue injury
- Cervical spine
- Shoulder injuries, elbow, hand, wrist injuries
- Hip, knee, ankle, foot injuries
Course Duration: Once the course is launched, the learner will have 270 days to complete the modules and evaluation.
Please note that this course is entirely web-based. You will not receive anything in the mail after purchasing the course.